From the NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice.
Developed in Spring 2017 in response to legislative efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.
- Thou shalt provide affordable insurance and the same benefits to all currently covered under the Affordable Care Act.
- Thou shalt continue to allow children under the age of 26 to be covered by their parents’ insurance.
- Thou shalt ensure that insurance premiums and cost sharing are truly affordable to all.
- Thou shalt expand Medicaid to better serve vulnerable people in our nation.
- Thou shalt not undercut the structure or undermine the purpose of Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Medicare funding.
- Thou shalt create effective mechanisms of accountability for insurance companies and not allow them to have annual or lifetime caps on expenditures.
- Thou shalt not allow insurance companies to discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions.
- Thou shalt not allow insurance companies to discriminate against women, the elderly, and people in poverty.
- Thou shalt provide adequate assistance for people enrolling and using their health coverage.
- Thou shalt continue to ensure reasonable revenue is in the federal budget to pay for life-sustaining healthcare for all.
For additional information, visit the NETWORK website.